Dosa is one of my favourite breakfast dishes, i like trying out different ingredients to make dosa. Most dosa batter requires to be fermented but there re a few, that i ve tried in the recent past which don’t require fermentation, it can be done instantly. Using raw/semolina was one of them.
Ingredients:|Preparation Time: 20 mins, soak time|
- Rawa/Semolina(Fine variety) 1 cup
- Rice Flour 1 cup
- Buttermilk (Enough to soak the flour and rawa to make a watery consistency)
- Small Onion (Roughly cut)
- Green chillies/dry red chillies 2
- Coriander leaves (few sprigs)
- Curry leaves (few leaves)
- Ginger 1/2 inch
- Cumin Seeds 1 tspn
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee to grease the pan for every dosa
Method:|Cooking Time: 2-3 mins to make dosa|
Mix rawa and rice flour in a mixing bowl, add salt and buttermilk, beat it well and soak it for 15 mins. Meanwhile, grind all the other ingredients coarsely, add it to the mixture and blend it well into the batter prepared, see that the consistency is watery to make dosa. This dosa is made exactly the way one makes Neer Dosa, the recipe which is already shared, please click on the below link (https://premilashetty.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/neer-dosa-with-coconut-chutney/).
Heat the tawa, add a bit of ghee all over and then splash the batter on the tawa to fill it up. Cover it and let it cook until it becomes slightly crisp. Take it out of the tawa and serve it hot with coriander chutney or plain coconut chutney.
Ingredients: For the coconut chutney |Preparation time:10 mins|
- Coconut 1 cup (grated)
- Green chillies 2
- Tamarind a bit
- Onion 1 small(roughly chopped)
- Ginger 1/2 inch(roughly chopped)
- Oil 1 tbspn
- Dry red chillies 2(cut roughly)
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves a few(finely chopped)
- Salt as per taste
Grind coconut, green chillies,tamarind, onion , ginger and salt into a fine chutney. Take oil in a small pan and when it s hot add the mustard seeds,red chillies and curry leaves and season the chutney with it.