Salads are the best things ,when it comes to nutrition,as most of the times the ingredients don t need to be cooked and ofcoarse the time taken to make them. They re generally light on the stomach. Two salads that i tried out this week,one chicken based and another soy based.
Ingredients:|Preparation Time: 10 mins|
- Chicken Fillet 1 Breast(thinly sliced)
- Carrots 1 (thinly sliced)
- Sweet Corn 1/4 cup (boiled)
- French salad dressing 2 tbspn
- Olive oil 1 tbspn
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper as per taste
Method:|Cooking Time: 10 mins|
Marinate the chicken slices with salt and pepper as per taste for 5 mins. Take some oil in a pan and cook the marinated chicken for 2 to 3 minutes,once done let it cool . Take a mixing bowl , add the carrots,boiled sweet corn,chicken and chopped coriander leaves then add the dressing and salt if required and mix it well and serve it:).
**If you dont want to use the ready to use dressing ,you can make it yourself by mixing extra virgin olive oil and some lime juice ,salt and any herb of your choice.
Ingredients:|Preparation Time:20 mins ,overnight soaking of soya bean|
- Soy bean[or any other bean of yur choice] 1/4 cup (soaked overnight and pressure cooked with a bit of salt)
- Tomato 2 big (deseeded chopped finely)
- Palak few leaves(blanched and chopped)
For the dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbspn
- Green chilli 1(deseeded and chopped finely)
- Lime juice 1 tbspn
- Salt as per taste
Method:|Making Time:5 mins |
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve:)