Today i woke up late in the morning and dint know what to cook for breakfast. Checked the kitchen cabinets and spotted some roasted semolina(rawa), it s always good to store rawa roasted as it can get infested very fast. So i just thought of a quick breakfast for myself:)
Ingredients:|Preparation Time:20 mins including 10 mins soaking time|
- Semolina(Rawa) 1 cup(raosted)
- Coconut 1 tbspn (grated)
- Onion 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green chilli 1 (finely chopped)
- Sugar 2 tspn
- Curry leaves few sprigs (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves few sprigs (finely chopped)
- Water just enough for the rawa to soak in.
- Oil enough to make 2 rotis , can be a little liberal as it should be crisp!
- Salt as per taste
Method:|Cooking Time:10 mins|
Take a mixing bowl,add all the ingredients and soak it in water for 10 mins. Take a flat pan drizzle in a tspn of oil and when hot,take a dollop of the mixture in your hand and put it over the hot pan and spread it by patting(with your hands,be carefulthat you don’t touch the hot pan by mistake!) evenly in a circular fashion. Dont cover the pan and let it cook for atleast 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame,you can see the color change and drizzle some more oil on top and the sides and then carefully reverse it without breaking it. Cook it for another 4 to 5 mins on medium flame,by now both the sides would become crisp and brown. Serve it hot with some ketchup:) So that was my quick breakfast for the day:)